Tuesday, May 5, 2015

You'll Land

       Hey, Hey, Hey ;) I am back to share another card. This one is called "You'll Land" because even during those tough times I firmly believe despite all the flipping and head spinning things that happen during those tough times we at some point land on our feet, pull ourselves together, and stay grounded for as long as we possibly can before the next toss up happens. I personally have had a very difficult life so I have a soft spot when someone else is dealing with some rough stuff. Someone I know hit one of those rough patches recently which prompted me to make this card using The Stamps of Life cat2stamp set and matching Cat Club Die Set. This set is so cute! Let me present my card and I will walk you through all the details.

This is an A2 size card which when folded is 4.25" by 5.50". To make the main base of the card you I grabbed some plain white cardstock that I get from Walmart. I cut the cardstock to be 5.50" by 8.50" and then scored it at 4.25". I folded it at the score line and viola I had my card base :) This picture is the front of the card. To get those adorable cat images I took some left over scrap patterned paper and used Tsukineko Tuxedo Black Ink to stamp the cat image from the The Stamps of Life cat2stamp set. I cut them out using the matching Cat Club Die Set. I made that adorable paw print background by using the Creative Time For Me Stitched Rectangle Frame Dies & More set and The Stamps of Life cat2stamp set. I used the largest stitched rectangle die to cut out the the piece needed then using the clear paw stamp from the cat2stamp set I stamped the paw with Versa Mark in various location on the /cardstock. The sentiment is from the same set and was stamped with the Tsukineko Tuxedo Black Ink. I didn't have any black card stock on hand so I used my Spectrum Noir black marker to color a white piece of card stock big enough to cut out the size I was going for. I am not sure what the size ended up being after I cut it down but as you can see it was just enough to show a little bit of that white based cardstock. I am going to estimate that there is about 1/8" difference between it. To attach those cute kitties and layers altogether I used a tape runner adhesive.

For the inside of my card I cut a star patterned piece of paper to the dimensions of 4 1/8" by 5 3/8". I then die cut a plain white piece of cardstock using the largest rectangle stitched die from the Creative Time For Me Stitched Rectangle Frame Dies & More set. I "tipped" the sides with my black Spectrum Noir marker so that the white would have a little bit of separation and standout against the star background. With the Tsukineko Tuxedo Black Ink I stamped the kitty to the right side of the cardstock. The black paw print was cut using The Stamps of Life Cat Club Die Set. I didn't have even a small piece of black cardstock for that so I did the same method as the front of the card and just colored a small piece of cardstock with a black marker. My final step was to adhere the die cut paw print and layers to the base of the cardstock with a tape runner adhesive. I chose not to put a sentiment on the inside because I wanted to write my own personal words of encouragement for my friend. I stamped the very back of the card with my personalized stamp, then Ta-da the card was complete :)
       Thank you all so much for stopping by my blog today! If you like what you see, I would love it if you would subscribe and follow my blog. You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube (videos coming soon). All links can be found on the right hand side of my home page. Have a fantastic, blessed, and beautiful day!



(Disclaimer: Any supply links listed above are links solely being used as a guide to show you what those items are. Some links may come directly from the manufacturer while others may not. Unless otherwise stated all products were purchased with my own money and in no way am I affiliated with these links nor the businesses associated with them. Please use discretion should you choose to shop from the links listed above. Thank you)

No comments:

Post a Comment